Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Great Exercise Machine

By far, hands down, my favorite exercise machine, in fact one of the few that I actually use, is the Concept 2 Rower.  Why?
It provides a full body workout that utilizes your muscles in functional movement patterns.
It stressed both the anaerobic and aerobic metabolic pathways resulting in a complete workout.
It is very safe, it is rather difficult to hurt yourself with it or stack on too much weight.
The electronic module provides a feature for self calibration.
The rower is robust and I have rarely seen one out of commission.
It requires little to no maintenance; you simple oil the chain every now and then.
It takes up very little space when stored in the upright position.
Just about anyone can jump on it and safely push themselves.
The electronic control module provide a great amount of feedback information.
The electronic control module also has a wide variety of workouts programmed in including a game.

Back when I injured my IT band I relied heavily and almost daily upon the concept 2 rower for rehab.  I came back, leaner, stronger, and fast and cut over a minute from my pre-injury 2 mile run!

The concept 2 Rower is for me the best all around piece of workout equipment.  I bought my own to have at home for those rainy, or cold winter days, or anytime I just need a solid but simple workout.

I enjoy the 2K row for the moment but I also like performing Tabattas and 500m sprint intervals.  All of which I find easy to program into the New Workout option on the electronic control module.

If you are saving up for your next and probably your last piece of exercise equipemnt I would put my money toward a Concept 2 Rower.


No comments:

Post a Comment